Saturday, November 03, 2007

ADVENTURES ON MY OWN

A friend of a friend had won two tickets to Rose Rose I Love You. When I first heard about it, I wasn't keen to go. This is suppose to be Malaya's very own taboo - the legendary Cabaret Queen, Artisan, and Stripper.

Okay, so free tickets! WITH accommodation at Awana Genting, for two. This friend of a friend couldn't go... so did my friend.

I had no companion, but to Genting I did go!

Honestly, the show was not as good as I expected. Half of the dialogues were in Cantonese... or Mandarin? Ayway, I had to miss some of the jokes because I could only understand the English lines. The storyline was mostly about WHY she became a stripper, rather than how she stripped.

I think most of the audience was nervous about the stripping part!
But aside from it all, the cast were good, especially Carmen Soo, Tin Tan and Tony Eusoff. The supporting cast were displaying amazing vocal skills as well! Especially the harmonising Yatt, Eee, Sam girls! Kind like the Malayan Supremes!

The songs used were both old and new, with a twist of Cha Cha Cha's and Shubam shubam! Hahhaha... imagine Sean Kingston's Beautiful Girls (Suicidal) played as a waltz! So... I did enjoy it, despite the language barrier. And oh! Thumbs up to the Production Team and the Marketing Team! Just err... please don't do shows in Genting. Too far la! Nanti pening naik atas gunung, turun bawah gunung.

By the way, I tried looking out for Kenny Sia because he mentioned he was also going to see Rose Rose I Love You. Sigh! Didn't get too.
My only upset of the night was me loosing the Musical Programme Booklet. Darn! I actually liked the outlay and creative design. :(
I LOVED my weekend in Gentings! It was the get-away I needed for so long!